Sunday, May 27, 2012

Thoughts about setting discussion

During the setting discussion with Jasmine, we both agreed that the setting had an impact on the story. We agreed that if Ishamel had lived in Canada, none of this would have happened to him. We agreed that he would never have been a child soldier if he had lived in somewhere like Canada. We both agreed that the setting of the first battle Ishmael was in was very depressing and in a forest/swapmy area. During the discussion I learned that the setting in the book is a setting that I will never live in/experience. I learned that Africa is very different from Canada. Although Jasmine and I agreed on basically everything, it was interesting to talk about the setting together and I think we did learn some stuff from each other.

No comments:

Post a Comment