Monday, May 21, 2012

Help?

After having read this book, a thought occured to me. When countries like Sierra Leone are faced with civil wars and other types of violence and need the world to step in, it often takes a very long time for the world to step in, if they do at all. I think this is because most people will hear about what's going on through newspapers and news reports on TV and think "Oh my Gosh, that's terrible, someone should do something." Then people just go back to their normal lives and don't really try to do anything to help. With the United Nations, it can take them a while to step in and do something. I know that it's dangerous to step in, and don't get me wrong, the UN helps so many people and I'm grateful for them and everything they do, but it really makes me sad that it takes so long to help people in need. The UN peacekeepers are very brave and I'm very proud of them and thankful for them. I just wish there was a faster, safer way for the UN to step in and save people in countries such as Sierra Leone.

No comments:

Post a Comment